Sunday, January 15, 2012

dada powell "Work and the New Middle Class"



The more I think about it the more astounded I am by the amount of MCs who are labeled "conscious" who are not saying anything, and that goes for mainstream and underground. But do not get me wrong, that doesn't mean there are not a slew of MCs who actually saying something, I would even say there are tons that are, but you just have to look for them. Well, let me help you out with that a little bit, I give to you, dada powell, an MC who is actually trying to (and succeeds at) creating art with with his music. And if you are worried about people making socially conscious music but do not live what they preach, rest assured dada is living what he preaches as well, a quick search will prove my point. But enough about that, the real point of this is that you need to check out his latest project, "Work and The New Middle Class" and while you are at it, you should check out his previous work, "undone heroes."

You can stream and download the album here.

1 comment: