Friday, January 13, 2012

Black-Tokyo x DJ Jazzpants "Slapboxing with the Juggarknot EP"



I have been blogging for about a year and a half and thoroughly enjoy it. Probably my favorite part is when someone lets me know that they never heard of an artist or an album until they read my blog and now they are big fans. Well...a couple weeks ago, something very cool happened, Black-Tokyo said he wanted to create an album especially for this blog and I was blown away (much like they were at TECB when he did the same for them check it.) I couldn't believe that an artist who I am a big fan of would decide to do such a thing, it took me about 2 seconds to agree. This is one of only two times when I can say that something is an exclusive (at least until everyone else picks it up.)

But let me tell you a little something about the project. First, I might be a little biased but this is probably my favorite project that Black-Tokyo has released thus far. The main reason is the range of sounds in these 17 and half minutes, while still staying very cohesive...not an easy feat. It has a great mix of hard in your face tracks (see "Panorama") along with laid back grooves (i.e. "Groove Savage") but each track will have you nodding your head and wishing for a bit more. What you need to do, is clear yourself of distraction, put on your headphones, turn this up, and get ready to go on one hell of a ride.

So without further ado, here it is....
Black-Tokyo x DJ Jazzpants "Slapboxing with the Juggarknot"

Black-Tokyo x DJ Jazzpants "Slapboxing with the Juggarknot EP" by djjazzpants

You can download the album here.

1 comment:

  1. I gotta make you a Vol. 2 "Breaking The Juggarknots Helmet"

    Ya never know with me making stuff ahaha

    ReplyDelete