Thursday, December 8, 2011

Sulfur "Waking in the Wasteland" (Video)

If you follow this blog regularly you will recognize the name The ThoughtCriminals (posted a review of their live album a few days ago.) There are two talented MCs that provide the vocals for them, the first is Mikal kHill (who also plays a mean midi-NES) the second is Sulfur. While they are putting the finishing touches on their newest group album, they have decided to release some side projects, one being "entropy" which is a post-apolopytic album that features Sulfur on the mic and kHill on production.

Well, I had heard that there was a video for one of the tracks off "entropy" and figured I would check it out. The song is titled "Waking in the Wasteland" and to be honest I had a vision of the video and song before I checked it out, I was expecting a very Fallout style song with visuals that would appeal to fans of the game. Well, there is that sort of feeling of doom in the video but not at all what I was expecting. This is not a fun shootout to Fallout, this is one hell of a piece of visual art that was created and the song is much more than I was ever hoping for. After hearing it all I can say is WOW and I cannot wait to hear the full album, no I understand why Sulfur told me once that after this album he needed to take a step back from the post-apocolyptic world, much more tortured and exhausting than I imagined this creation would be, well done and let's see if the album keeps up to the high standard set here (which I am sure it will, I shall never doubt either of these two artists again.)






You can preorder the album here.

No comments:

Post a Comment