Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Producers of 2011

Since I started making lists of albums of the year, figure I should give love to some of my favorite artists (some who had best albums and some who did not.) I shall first begin with producers, So let us begin on this list and the yelling at me.

Honorable Mentions:
Nasa
LAMEBOT

5. Ill Clinton

Like I said, Ill Clinton released some great music this year and it seems each release gets better and better.

4. Black-Tokyo

He released so much great music this year that I could barely keep up, while no one album sets itself apart, the collective releases can go toe to toe with just about any producers work this year.

3. IV the Polymath

Whether it was with solo effort (i.e. "Push IVward" or his dope new album "New Vs Old") or his production for other artist, everything Polymath touched this year was incredible.

2. Agartha Audio

While he may not have released much music commercially this year, if you are smart enough to be a member of his "Beat of the Month Club" you witnessed some of the dopest 30 plus beats you will hear.

1. Madlib

Do I really need to say anything. He is my favorite and keeps releasing more and more mind blowing music.

1 comment: