Friday, February 24, 2012

ISWHAT?! "HandsUpQuick" and Remixes



So as I mentioned a few days ago I am a huge fan of jazz hop, especially when it is a live jazz band with talented MCs rhyming over it. Well, through the magic of social media I discovered a VERY dope group that does just that and found out they actually just released a new track, along with some remixes. The group, ISWHAT?!, has been around for nearly 15 years, and has performed with some of the giants of hip hop and jazz. Honestly, I can't really put my finger on their sound just yet, mainly because a lot of the instrumentation is actually avant garde jazz (i.e. my fav) and I am just in awe that someone has the imagination and talent to actually rhyme over it. But here is the new track released just two days ago entitled "HandsUpQuick" and two remixes, one by Mathieu LaLande and the other well, it is called the Boogie Bang Mingus remix...so I am at a bit of a loss, but it certainly is amazing.





1 comment: