Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Atari Blitzkrieg "Return to Ragnarok" (Digital 45)



For Halloween our friends at Uncommon Records gave us a sneak peak at two of the tracks off of Atari Blitzkrieg's "Technicolor Crime Scenes" his debut for the label. While you may or may not be familiar with Atari Blitzkrieg (check his bandcamp) if you follow my blog at all you should be VERY familiar with Uncommon Records and you should also know they do not disappoint. The digital 45 of Return to "Ragnarok / Enter the Creeper" is no different, well, it might be harder than a lot of their previous releases (as they say in the press release "This isn't for the weak at heart, if you get squeemish at the sight of blood on television then don't even press play on this.") but still of the high quality you expect. What really impresses me is the diversity in the two track, while "Return to Ragnarok" (produced by Krohme) is in your face, baby punching music, "Enter the Creeper" (produced by Nasa) is much more mellow and haunting. Now, I should not be surprised by the range of Atari Blitzkrieg's catalog but still. I have now rambled for more than I should have. You can stream both tracks below and go to link to download the full 45.





Download the 45 here.

1 comment:

  1. Good look man! I have a diverse array of musical interests and I try to bring that into my own music when I create it but the vibe for Technicolor will be heavier than any of my other releases. Not sure why I decided to go that route ... Oh and please don't punch babies after listening to Ragnarok.

    ReplyDelete